Summer School 2020
The Summer School experience is designed to provide you with a complete package so you can relax and enjoy your time in the UK whilst also learning English. Your learning, your enjoyment and your relaxation are all taken care of. Whether you are travelling alone, in a group or with your family, we will ensure you are immersed in English culture through visits, activities and academic study. When you are not in English lessons, there are many activities and places of cultural interest including theatres, theme parks, water sports, leisure centres, boat trips, restaurants, coffee shops and shopping centres for you to visit.
Our all-inclusive package for 2020
- English test on arrival to check your level
- Morning English lessons designed to help you practice your communication skills
- All course materials included
- Certificate of attendance
- End of course report
- Accommodation arrangements available
- Afternoon activity sessions including both classroom based activities and outdoor activities
Examples of visits include:
- Manchester – Manchester United stadium tour, Imperial War Museum, Manchester Cathedral
- Liverpool – tour of The Beatles’ hometown, World Museum and shopping at Liverpool One
- York – walking tour of the medieval city of York, York Minster, National Railway Museum and shopping in the Shambles
- Leeds – the world-renowned Henry Moore Institute, the Royal Armouries and shopping in Trinity Leeds
- Sheffield – the Millennium Gallery and Museum
- Bradford – the National Media Museum, Cartwright Hall & optional boating
- London – tour of the capital city including London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Madame Tussauds
* Excursions, which change weekly, take place on a Wednesday afternoon and Saturday. See a sample programme below!
Our programmes offer you the option of learning English through engaging activities throughout the week and the flexibility of learning whilst also enjoying sightseeing across the UK.
If sports and fitness is important to you, then you will be pleased to know that our summer school programme offers access to first class sports and activity facilities for all ages.
Additionally, we have regular barbecues, a formal presentation of prizes and certificates, afternoon and optional evening entertainment which can include board games, quizzes, debating sessions, film nights, and much more!
When is it taking place?
Summer School programme: June 2020 – August 2020
You can join a programme on any Monday and choose the length of your individual programme – the minimum length is just 2 weeks!
All programmes include a test of your ability at the start and then weekly tests to monitor your progress.
Sample Week Timetable
*for local city trips, the price for a full day excursion is £50. For London, Oxford & Cambridge visits, +£169 for day trip, and +£229 for 2 days/1 night trip (including price of accommodation.)
**accommodation prices can vary depending on your requirements. Please get in touch for more information.
For group bookings, we can arrange tailored programmes.
Discounted airport pick up services are available for group bookings. Please get in touch for more information.